- 1 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ t xanthan gum
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 eggs, or egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups non dairy milk
- 2 T coconut oil, warmed until just reached liquid state
- 2 T coconut nectar, honey, maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 2 t vanilla powder or extract
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ t cardamom powder
- ¼ t ginger powder
- ¼ t nutmeg (preferably fresh grated)
Combine flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and spices. Stir together until ingredients are evenly distributed.
In a separate bowl, beat togetehr eggs, milk and sweetener.
While whisking, slowly add the melted coconut oil. *Make sure your liquid ingredients are around room temperature. The coconut oil will harden when added to a cold mixture.
Combine the dry ingredients mixture with the liquid ingredients mixture and beat until smooth.
Ladle 1/4 - 1/2 cup of batter onto an oiled, piping hot waffle iron and press until ready.
Serve with maple syrup, spiced apple sauce, fresh fruit or homemade jam or preserves.